Active Server Pages (Classic ASP) :
- Active Server Pages (ASP) which is now called classic ASP was Microsoft’s first Server Side Script Engine, used to create dynamic websites out of plain HTML websites.
- Due to Microsoft .NET Framework adoption and implementation ASP is also promoted to ASP.NET and working well on a wide variety of systems or web applications.
- ASP runs on IIS (Internet Information Server/Serivces) which is Microsoft’s Server to host dynamic ASP websites.
- ASP is really not a language, its Microsoft Technology to enable you to write dynamic webs applications using scripting languages.
- ASP is text based & so simple that to convert your website in plain html to dynamic one, just change the extension of .html or .htm files to .asp.
Here is a list of programs compiled in PDF file for very basic understanding of ASP. Further resources may be found at official MSDN (Microsoft Developer’s Network Site).
- Java Script is a scripting language developed by Netscape Communications and used to create dynamic websites.
- Mostly used for Client-Side validation and processing.
- Java Script has nothing to do and has no relation with Java Programming Language so please don’t get confused.
- It has now became one of the core technology of web development and design along with HTML and CSS.
- Many powerful web development frameworks are now based on it, thus effectively and widely used and interpreted by most major browsers.