Visual Basic 6.0 – Brief Knowledge
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 was a third generation, event driven programming language and its associated IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Developed by Microsoft on it’s COM (Component Object Model) programming model.
- Derived from most popular language BASIC (Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code).
- RAD (Rapid Application Development) Toolmainstream Windows applications
- Facilitates internet based programming & custom ActiveX controls design & development.
- Database connectivity models using DAO (Data Access Objects), ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) and RDO (Remote Data Objects).
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VBScript derived from it.
- Visual Basic.NET (Based on Microsoft’s .NET Framework) is its successor
- Officially, Visual Basic 6.0 is no longer available
For the students reference, I have uploaded a list of some mini projects as a guide to learn the basics of Visual Basic 6.0.
Please click through the link to download PDF file. Password : kshitijdivakar.com
- Picture Box Operations
- Text Box, Check Box, Radio Button & Combo Box Controls
- Scroll Bars
- Mini Picture Browser
- Picture Slider (Timer Control Demo)
- Data Control (DAO)
- Dynamic Arrays
- Collection Objects
- Building Dynamic Forms
- Paint Application
- List Box Control
- Menus & Pop-Up Menus
- Toolbar & Image List Controls
- List View Control
- Tree View Control
- Progress Bar Control
- Rich Text Box Control
- MS Flex Grid Control
- Tab Strip Control
- Status Bar Control
- Database Connectivity through DAO Programming
- File System Object
- PlaySound API Function from API Viewer
- Drag & Drop Operations (DragDrop & DropOver Events)
Note: All pdf files are created before several years thus uploaded as it is, protected through password. They are free for all so please use password to open Password : kshitijdivakar.com
Further examples made in Visual Basic 6.0 in the projects (.zip or .rar) package will be uploaded for reference of the learners.